Our expertise in the real estate field in Israel
Our expertise in the real estate field in Israel includes a deep and thorough understanding of the Israeli market and its characteristics, the negotiation behavior of this specific market, and a profound and updated knowledge of recent market trends.
Therefore, besides the ongoing legal representation for each transaction we may assist our clients with various related issues, such as hiring a realtor and official appraiser to receive professional appraisals for the property at stake.
- Contracts – preparing contracts for purchasing or selling real estate assets, including conducting negotiation meetings and attending the signing process (for private & commercial properties, from either commercial contractor or on the private market)
- Property Rights – checking the legal rights connected to the asset, including ownership rights and attached obligations (The Real Estate Registrar; Israel Lands Administration – ILA; The Housing Company). The examinations include gathering all relevant documents, real estate registrar extracts, and investigations with various authorities – municipalities, planning institutions, etc.
- Registry - registering and transferring real estate property rights (for instance: due to divorce, sale transaction, inheritance, gift, liquidation, etc)
- Litigation – representation in the appropriate courts of law in Israel - disputes related to real estate law issues
- Mortgage – mortgage registration and other liens on the property
- Legal consultation for planning law and real estate taxation issues
The Attorney's role in real estate transactions in Israel is different than attorneys' role in the United States or Europe. In Israel, real estate contracts are not dictated by the state, but each contract is specifically tailored and prepared by the real estate attorneys for the transaction on the table.
Draft contracts are exchanged between the parties’ lawyers several times, while negotiating the different clauses, until an acceptable version is achieved, and only then a date is set for signing the contract. The real estate attorneys are playing an active role conducting the entire process.
Another material difference is that the attorney of the real estate transaction is responsible for gathering information and documents related to the property purchased and is also responsible for examining ownership rights (similar to escrow in California). This important role requires comprehensive examination and the receipt of declarations and securities from the other party to ensure future rights for the purchaser.